- 1.3 It is in our interest to protect your privacy so that we may build a relationship with you.
2 THE NATIONAL PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- 2.1 We are bound by the National Privacy Principles. The National Privacy Principles are a set of principles that set out our obligations in relation to the collection, use, and storage of personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
3 WHY WE ARE COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- 3.1 We need your personal information so that we may process your orders and purchases, including but not limited to processing payment of amounts to us and organising for the delivery of your orders and purchases.
- 3.2 You can also subscribe to our e-mail newsletter if you are interested in getting updates of new products or special offers that we have available from time to time.
4 COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM YOU
- 4.1 We will only collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to conduct our business as a provider of goods. This includes your name, your contact details, your billing information, delivery information, e-mail address, date of birth, and other billing details such as your credit card details and expiry date.
- 4.2 We will collect personal information from you when you register an account with us.
- 4.3 We will collect personal information from you if you are updating or modifying your personal information through the user account profile provided to you when you register an account with us.
- 4.4 We will collect personal information from you when you are organising payment for any item or product that you have ordered.
- 4.5 We will collect personal information from you through a third party, such as eBay, if you are purchasing our items or products through the use of their website at www.ebay.com.au.
- 4.6 If you are using organising payment for any item or product that you have ordered through the use of our website, www.luxoliving.com.au ("the Site"), we will not collect credit card details from you. You acknowledge that you are providing these details to a third party for the purposes of processing payment of your orders, such as Paypal.
- 4.7 We may also collect some information from you when you use the Site. This information is not personal information and is comprised of information transmitted by your web browser when using our services, such as web browser type, cookies, and the pages you have viewed on our site and time spent on it. It is standard for many sites to collect this information and it is required for us to monitor our site's usage as well as improve on our site's services to you.
5 STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1 We understand that you are concerned about security and we aim to provide you with a worry-free experience. We are committed to protecting your personal information from misuse, loss, and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
- 5.2 If you use the Site, information is transmitted from your browser to our servers in a secure encrypted format to ensure that your privacy is protected. Your personal information is protected by GeoTrust True BusinessID SSL.
- 5.3 We reserve the right to retain your personal information in order to fulfil legal responsibilities or resolve disputes when they arise.
6 USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 We will use your personal information so that we may process the registration of your account, processing your orders and purchases, processing the payment of your orders and purchases, and delivery of your orders and purchases.
- 6.2 We may use your personal information to send you promotional material. If you do not want to receive promotional material you may opt out of receiving this material at any time.
- 6.3 The information collected from you may also be used to create a better service for you.
7 SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 7.1 We use various freight and courier services for the dispatch of your orders and purchases, and it is necessary for us to supply your name, delivery address, and telephone numbers to these services. We require our freight and courier suppliers to keep this information confidential.
- 7.2 Your personal information may be passed to third parties, where necessary, for the purpose of processing and collecting any amounts which may become payable by you to us, such as Paypal.
- 7.3 We will not disclose personal information about you to any other third party unless the disclosure is required or authorised by law, if you have given consent, or if it is for another purpose directly related to the primary purpose of collection.
8 ACCESS AND UPDATE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 8.1 Once you have registered an account on our Site to use our services, you may at any time access and modify the personal information you have provided to us at registration by visiting your account through the Site.
- 8.2 All other requests for access to your personal information must be directed to our Privacy Officer in writing.
- 8.3 If we refuse to provide access to your personal information for any reason, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
- 8.4 If you request for access to your personal information in writing, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee in relation to retrieving your personal information. We will confirm with you any fee charged in relation to retrieving your personal information before proceeding with retrieving any personal information held with us.
9 CONTACTING US
- (a) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (b) Mailing Address:160 Newton Road Wetherill Park NSW 2164