Are you looking for a fun way to hang out with your friends? Going to the movies or eating out is a great way to be with friends, but sometimes you just want to do something different. You can have a truly entertaining experience, just grab your friends and add these simple ingredients for a lasting memory as you spend the entire day together, poolside or on the beach.
1. Giant inflatable water floats
Whether you are hosting a pool party or gathering up friends for a trip to the beach, there is no doubt the best part of the day will be in the water. So why not jazz it up a bit with a few giant water float toys to make the day even more enjoyable? Just imagine everyone having a blast with these oversized toys that give you and your mates plenty of room to relax and soak up the sun. With our selection of giant inflatable pool toys, you get to choose which ones you want to share with your friends. Don’t wait too long to get yours, because the summer heat getting turned up, and cooling down is the number one thing on everyone’s to-do list!
2. Have plenty of chilled drinks available
You already know you need plenty of drinks, and when it’s time to quench your thirst, it just doesn’t cut it if they are warm. Fill up your esky first and then add ice, doing it that way means you don’t have to dig through the cold ice to make room for everything. And, if you need a cooler and you want one that matches your outdoor décor, you simply can’t go wrong with our coolers, it’s the perfect way to serve chilled drinks poolside. You may also need an outdoor storage chest to store your pool toys so you know right where to find them when you're ready to go again.
3. BBQ or Finger Food?
Spending the day swimming or soaking up the sun, you will work up an appetite, so be sure to everyone has food available. If you’re in your backyard, you have lots of options, and a BBQ may be in order. However, if you go to the beach and don’t want the hassle of a BBQ, you could just pack finger foods, like turkey or chicken sandwiches, or fruit and trail mix. The easier to get to the better, that way you don’t need to worry about getting sand in your food, and you can get back to the water faster!
4. Sweet endings
Now here’s a treat everyone will enjoy that is a cinch to make and it’s perfect for outdoor entertaining!
Chocolate and peanut caramel tart
250g Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits
125g butter, melted
380g Nestle Caramel Top 'n' Fill
1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
360g dark chocolate, finely chopped
2/3 cup thickened cream
1. Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined.
2. Use the back of a metal spoon to spread and press the biscuit mixture evenly over the base of a 28cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Combine the caramel and peanuts in a small bowl. Spread over the biscuit base.
4. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring the cream just to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
5. Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the caramel. Place the tart on a baking tray and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
Published: 14 Jan 2017